Search Engine Optimization basically defined into two main categories, On-Page SEO and Off-Page SEO, in this lecture we will talk about On page optimization, hold on we will cover off page optimization later.
Writing long and rich contents regular feed with article for you blog will not rank you good if you don’t know how to optimize your page, how to use Keywords, How to write contents, How to add images in post. You must need to learn about these few tips listed below.
- Keep the keyword as close to the beginning of the title tag as possible and use keyword in the title tag at least once, or twice (if it makes sense and sounds good).
- Use H1 tag in heading only Once in the page.
- At least 3 time your main keyword in the body and your article must be at least 400 words long, you can use more keyword phrases if the contents are more then 600 words.
- Use keyword at least once in bold.
- At least once in the alt attribute of an image on the page. This will helps for both web search and image search.
- You can also use keyword Once in the URL
- Meta Description is mot important you need to use your main keyword once or twice if it makes sense in the meta description tag. Its basically attract users to click your link from search results.
On-Page SEO Factors:
Only keep in mind one rule when you decide to write quality contents, Good content must supply a demand and must be linkable. Read more On-page SEO factors.
Three main Types of Traffic
There are three types of web traffic and we need to use all possible ways for getting more and more targeted traffic to our web site. Organic, referral and paid traffic.
Organic traffic is free traffic from Search engines like Google, Bing, Yahoo or YouTube.
Referral traffic is come from Social Sites like Facebook, Twitter or any other reference like E-mails etc
Paid traffic is basically from Advertisements, or any other paid source like Adword, Infolinks etc
Click here to Download SEO Basics eBook